Don’t fret if you are still on that perennial quest to find a magic lamp from which a genie emerges after you rub it the right way. Even without a magic carpet to take you places, you can still go on magical holidays to Egypt and be enchanted no less. Egypt is of course known for one of the Seven Wonders of the World: the Pyramids of Giza. No trip to Egypt will be complete without basking in the glory of these pyramids. This is one of the sites most frequented by eager tourists. Here are tips on how to get to the Pyramids of Giza from downtown Cairo:
Here are tips on how to get to the Pyramids of Giza from downtown Cairo:
Go to the main bus station downtown which is found at Midan Abdel Moniem Riad. Ask around for the buses headed for Giza, Sharia-al-Haram, the Great Pyramid of Khufu or the Sphynx. Hop on the bus and pay your fare.
You will then arrive at Sharia-al-Haram which is the extension of Pyramids Road at the base of the Great Pyramid of Khufu. Then, take the tarmacked road up the plateau going to the pyramids. You will find the ticket hut where you can pay the entrance fees.
It’s not so difficult to get to this wonder of the world. Who knows, you might find your own Aladdin in this part of the world…
Update 2023: Visiting the Pyramids of Giza can be an incredible experience, here are the steps to make it happen:
- Plan your trip: Choose the best time to visit the Pyramids. The weather is usually mild between October to April. Make sure you book your flight and accommodations in advance.
- Getting to the Pyramids: You can take a taxi or Uber from Cairo to Giza. There are also public buses and trains available, but they might not be as reliable or comfortable.
- Choose the right ticket: You can buy a ticket that will allow you to visit the Great Pyramid of Giza, the Pyramid of Khafre, and the Pyramid of Menkaure. You can also buy a combined ticket that includes the Great Sphinx and other sites in the area.
- Hire a guide: You can choose to hire a guide to help you navigate through the complex and provide you with insights into the history and culture of the Pyramids. A good guide will also help you avoid the crowds and make the most of your visit.
- Wear appropriate clothing: The Pyramids are in a desert area, so it’s important to wear light, breathable clothing and comfortable shoes.
- Respect the rules: There are some rules to follow when visiting the Pyramids, such as no climbing on the Pyramids and no smoking or littering.
- Take your time: The Pyramids are an awe-inspiring sight, so make sure you take your time to enjoy them and take lots of pictures.
Remember, visiting the Pyramids of Giza is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, so be prepared and enjoy your trip!