If you’re going to be on vacation in North Carolina between October 3 and October 5, then you may want to check out the North Carolina Seafood Festival that is a major festivity in Morehead City every fall. Morehead City is on the southern part of the coast, and has an array of lodging, dining, and entertainment areas. Planning to heading out to the coast is a must if you’re on vacation in North Carolina. This is especially true if you’re already going to be near the beach, or if you are visiting during this time frame!
Just check out some of the many things you and your family can do:
- NEW! Sample a variety of seafood
- NEW! Renowned chefs perform demonstrations by cooking up signature dishes
- NEW! Enjoy fresh, NC seafood from the open market
- Admire the ships at the Southern Outer Banks boat show at the NC State Port
- Take a tour of the USS Gonzales Missile Destroyer and the US Coast Guard Ships
- Chill to the music and entertainment on four stages that will include Jack Ingram (AMC Best New Male Vocalist).
- Little ones under 8 years old can play in the SasSea’s Island Playground.
- Food Vendors
- Pick up some custom arts and crafts from over 150 vendors
- Watch your kid’s face light up riding amusement rides
- See dazzling fireworks on Saturday evening (9 P.M.)
- Blessing of the Fleet on Sunday at the NC State Port (10 A.M.)
- Parking provided at no charge at the NC State Port with free shuttle
If you need accommodations, and are in the market for a superb vacation rental, you may want to check out the Atlantic Beach NC Vacations Rentals website. Of course, there are plenty of budget hotels like the Quality Inn that you can book as well!